Coconino County Accommodation School District
The Coconino County Accommodation School District is seeking a Registrar/District Secretary to serve as a part of Ponderosa High School and the District’s team. It would be an asset if applicants were knowledgeable in student records, course data, and transcripts. The successful candidate will possess strong computer skills and will have the ability to think and work independently. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Follows policies and procedures in compliance with Coconino County Accommodation School District and Arizona Department of Education.
- Ensures that all student information is confidential and secure.
- Communicates with PHS Principal, Superintendent, Teachers, and Support Staff that is in line with Ponderosa’s core values, visions, and mission.
- Assists Ponderosa Principal with school needs, parent nights, and setting up intakes for PHS Principal for potential new students.
- Assists Ponderosa Principal with graduation in December and May.
Student Enrollment and Withdrawals
- Answers questions from parents and staff regarding student enrollment.
- Assists Ponderosa Principal prior to student intake appointment in collecting transfer transcript from previous school.
- Makes copies of student enrollment packets.
- Assists all sites with student maintenance and enrollment when needed.
- Keeps track of student’s attendance that are approaching the ten-day mark for all students at Ponderosa High School and CCASD Online Instruction to ensure that both sites are in compliance with the State.
- Checks the student sign-in sheet daily for absences and call parent/guardians. For all tardy students, the Registrar will need to update student information system to change attendance code to reflect the tardy.
- Withdraws students within the compliance window and updates student’s records.
- Will be the backup to the Executive Assistant to process progress grades and final quarter grades in the student information system. Assists Executive Assistant to mail out all progress and final grades to parents/students.
- May assist Ponderosa High School Principal with scheduling.
Student File Maintenance
- Creates the student file and organizes the file according to the Executive Assistant’s filing procedures.
- Requests student records from other schools.
- Receives requests for records from other schools and sends those securely.
- Ensures that all students files are in compliance to the state standards and requirements.
High School Transcripts
- Processes any transcript requests.
- Enters transfer transcript credits into student information system following the instructionals created by the District.
Student Information System
- Enters in all enrollment information and may assist other schools within the district if there is a need for assistance.
- Creates reports for attendance, grades, and any other report that is pertinent to the job.
- Student Transportation: makes sure student transportation contracts are complete, creates a purchase requisition, enters those into the Accounting system, and gives those to the Director of Business Services to track and file for state reporting.
- Vendors: requests a W9 from each new vendor, enters that new vendor into Accounting system, and gives the W9 to the Director of Business Services.
- Teacher Subs: works with Teachers to coordinate subs for the teacher’s leave and keeps track of the dates in a calendar.
- Front desk duties: will need to call vendors to set up appointments for routine maintenance/emergency appointments for the Ponderosa building. Order supplies for staff through Quality Connections, Amazon, etc. Answer phone calls and check messages. Let students, visitors, and staff in the building through the front doors.
- Prepares files and documents for yearly audit.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Prior experience in a school district is strongly preferred. The successful applicant will possess strong interpersonal skills, collaborative, and possess independent working skills. A clearance card will need to be obtained prior to the first day reported to work.
Position Vacancy: The position will remain open until filled with a start date of July 1, 2022.
Compensation: The salary for the position is as per the salary schedule which is posted on the school district’s website. Placement on the salary schedule is dependent upon the applicant’s prior experience. This is an hourly, twelve-month position.
Job Location: Ponderosa High School, 2384 N. Steves Blvd, Flagstaff, Arizona
The Coconino County Accommodation School District is a small rural district located in northern Arizona. CCASD has approximately 120 students and 25 employees serving two high schools, Ponderosa High School in Flagstaff and Tse’ Yaato’ High School in Page. The district also operates an online school and provides educational services to Juvenile Detention and the County Jail.
Please submit letter of interest, a completed Classified Employment Application (located on the district website), a resumé, and three current letters of recommendation to: Erin Tutay, Director of Business Services, Coconino County Accommodation School District, 2384 N. Steves Blvd., Flagstaff, Arizona 86004. Questions regarding the vacancy may be directed to Erin Tutay at firstname.lastname@example.org.